BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Natural Rundown....Month 1

On May 16th, I decided to chop off the rest of my relaxed hair! It was not easy but i managed to do it while I had some nerve. This transition was honestly not as easy as i thought it would be, at times it's even harder completely natural. In the past month I have colored and straightened my hair...all which I deem pretty successful.

I believe the week before my birthday I decided to color my hair a pretty color called Sun Kissed Brown by Creme of Nature. It came out pretty good but I kinda feel like the front of my hair is mad dry!

About a week ago I straightened my hair and it came out very, very nice! I am very impressed with the growth so far (besides the lopsidedness of my hair.

In this month (and a half technically) This is what I have learned a lot about my hair

3/4 quadrants of my hair curl normally. The curl "ain't quite right" in the top right quadrant of my hair making it hard to style my hair uniformly.

I am a PJ...PRODUCT JUNKIE!!!! I hate that I like to try so much stuff at one time, a habit that I am slowly starting to fall back on!

With my hair length in it's natural state, it's kinda hard to style it at this point! I enjoy my twist outs and especially my curly girl up-do I wore my birthday!!!

I have to wet my hair in order to comb and style it, right now I'm looking for some other alternative.

I am trying to battle FRIZZ...and it is an enemy LET ME TELL YOU!

SHRINKAGE...that is all!!

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration: THE SHIT...my hair loves it!!!

Goal for the next month:

1. Limit use of multiple products
2. Experiment with more hairstyles
3. Deep condition more often
4. NO STRAIGHTENING
5. Find a natural way to combat frizzies
6. Try some of my transition styles again
7. LIMIT spending on products to conditioner for co-washes!!! (More Hello Hydration)

Until next time,

P.R. Reid

0 comments: