BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 2, 2010

My Mountain Adventure...In A Nutshell

Back story: My dad brought the idea to me and my sister that his new "friend" wants to get to know us better so she wanted to plan a trip. It was fine by me because guess what...I wasn't payin!!! Here is kind of a rundown of some of the things that happened during the time there

Friday: We start our journey, our destination, Pigeon Forge, TN. Where Dolly Parton is the "boss bitch". The ride was extremely boring so I got out my iPod (and all of the good radio stations didn't come in good). Once we began driving though the mountains into Tennessee, it had to be one of the most majestic scenes you could ever imagine. Clearly the roads were created by blasting out portions of these mountains, but it was fascinating nonetheless. Once at our "almost destination" it took us forever to get to our final destination. We get there and everyone relaxes for a while, and dad goes to bring his "friend" to the cabin. Early night sleep...on to Saturday

Saturday: Me and my sister decided to explore the marvelous strip that our cabin was off of. Attractions galore!!! Overpriced of course, but they seemed quite interesting. We went to the Beef Jerky Outlet and got some of the best jerky I've ever experienced, and we attempted to go to the Tanger Five Oaks outlet but that shit was a bust! So we turned around and went down the other part of the strip and had lunch at Salsaritas. If anyone REALLY knows me, you know that I love my Chipotle! Nothing beats it...NOTHING! It was a pleasant surprise. Next Stop, The Christmas Place! Exactly a shop dedicated to Christmas shit...AND you could visit Santa and sit on his lap and put in those early request! Next we decided to get real daring and drive into Gatlinburg which is about 5-7 miles from Pigeon Forge. We went to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (iThink that's what its called) and drove though it. Then we went on to the Sugarlands (another park with in the Smokies) we ended up going on a trail which was about 3/4 of a mile (the smallest they offered) because anything else would have taken too long. So we walked to Cataract Falls (an 85 foot waterfall at the park) and back into town we went. We stop at the Three Bears General Store (sounds old right?) just to take a little looksie. Then back to our cabin we go!

Sunday: Lazy shit! Back to Sugarlands to do Cataract Falls PLUS some of the 8 1/2 mile trail (that was a FAIL!! Maybe next time when we can devote a day to it). Back to the cabin to a scrumptious meal (T-Bone Steaks, asparagus, corn on the cob, and tomatoes and cucumbers). Backtrack: Before we went back to the cabin, me and sister stopped at Baskin Robbins and got a 1/2 cake roll for dessert! and it was delicious

Monday: Back to Reality....HOME SWEET HOME!

My Thoughts: So I'm just gonna list them...how about that???

  • I needed this!
  • I feel ready to tackle what I need to tackle
  • Operation: Next Phase of my life
  • Operation: Time to get to BUSINESS
  • Dads friend is pretty cool
  • I may not be a "nature girl" but i truly enjoyed myself
  • It was a new experience and I'm all for that kind of thing
I definitely want to go back...I wonder if I can coerce some friends into going?!?

P.S. I ain't take no pics...my bad!!

P.R. Reid

0 comments: