BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Blessings....

I feel that I have been the recipient of so many blessings lately that it is absolutely overwhelming. My blessings aren't necessarily monetary or material, they are found in the friendships that I have. I am so humbled to even know the people that I know, and THEY are my blessings. When I hear a friend of mine talk about how I've impacted their live, I have to step out of myself and figure out why. I truly believe that once you let go of the things that are superficial and dumb, you can truly see yourself as a good person. For a long time I had a problem seeing that, because certain things internally got in the way of that. I feel like I am a damn good person, and because of it, I'm so much better off! I've had a lot of time to sit and think, and I think I have jumped over some serious hurdles. While I still have trust issues, they no longer run my life. I know that I am a good person, and if you take advantage of me, you will be dealt with somehow. I have learned to let go because I finally have people in my corner that I truly trust and can "let my hair down" with. Some I'm still working on because they STILL have a ways to go when it comes to my trust. I thank the FEW people who've listened to my cry (which I don't do in front of just anyone) and talked me through stuff! It feels good to be able to bear it all to only a few people. I don't need everyone knowing my situation....that's a whole 'nother blog post!

I am so grateful to have people who GENUINELY care, and are truly out for my best interest! Those people are really hard to come by. I am a very strong person, but it feels good to let your guard down to someone you trust! I am who I am with everyone who knows me, but there are certain aspects of my life that I am very private about and are for "exclusive and limited screening" LOL

NOTHING LIKE GREAT FRIENDS

P.R. Reid

0 comments: